Internet Privacy Act Notice
Thank you for using the Thoroughbred Ford website regarding you interest in purchasing a new or used vehicle from us. We sincerely appreciate your business.
The newly passed Gramm Leach Bililey Act, effective July 1, 2001, requires that we provide you a notice regarding how we handle personal and financial information in connection with your desire to purchase and/or finance a vehicle from us. Since you have elected to provide us this information over the internet, we are required to obtain your approval to use the private information you have provided us as outlined below. Once you arrive at the dealership, you will be asked to sign another copy of this notice for our files. Again, thank you for your business.
Privacy Notice to Customer
In connection with your transaction, Thoroughbred Ford, Inc. may obtain information about you as described in this notice, which we handle as stated below:
- We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transaction with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
- We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions which whom we have joint marketing agreements. We may make such disclosures about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer.
- We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you as a consumer, customer, or former customer, to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.